Article III Groupie is back (again), after ignoring this blog and her UTR email account for over a week. By way of explanation, she was out of town for a few days. But now she's back, and ready to get back in the game.
Unfortunately, A3G has a ton to catch up on. So she's going to do her best impression of Glenn Reynolds, a.k.a Instapundit, and take a "brevity is the soul of wit" approach to blogging. She'll to link to a bunch of different and interesting things, but with minimal commentary. Here goes:
- Hilarious and bizarre (scroll down, fourth paragraph). The Capitol File staffer who introduced the two told A3G it was "the most awkward two minutes of my life."
- Justice Samuel Alito has hired one of his former circuit clerks, Mike Lee, to clerk for him at the Supreme Court (October Term 2006). Lee is the son of former Solicitor General Rex Lee.
- Ouch. Well, Vanessa L. Bryant is but an icky state court judge.
- For D.C. Circuit nominee Brett Kavanaugh, one of the Elect (OT 1993/AMK), things are looking much better. Word on the street is that the rehearing will be a kabuki show and that Kavanaugh will be easily confirmed (after the Democrats get the chance to scold him on TV for things he had nothing to do with).
- If you thought A3G's story from last fall about Judge Harry T. Edwards was apocryphal, think again.
- Judge Howard Thomas Markey (Fed. Cir.), R.I.P. One of his former colleagues, Chief Judge Paul R. Michel, noted that Judge Markey could get by on only four hours of sleep a night. (That, by the way, is the secret to career success. Alas, A3G can't do it.)
More to come, as A3G continues to catch up on the world of judicial news and gossip.