Last month, Article III Groupie reported about Justice Clarence Thomas's hiring of the fresh-faced John Adams as one of his October Term 2006 law clerks. Your diligent undersigned scribe has now learned the identities of all four Thomas clerks for OT 2006. Upon information and belief, they are as follows:
1. John Adams (UVA '03/Sentelle-tubby '03-'04)
2. David Bragdon (UVA '02/S. Williams '02-'03)
3. Brandt Leibe (Yale '05/Luttigator '05-'06)
4. Heath Tarbert (U. Penn. '01/D. Ginsburg '05-'06)
So if you were hoping to hitch a ride for OT 2006 in Justice Thomas's beloved recreational vehicle, a 40-foot Type A motorhome, sorry; there's no room left. Better luck next year!*
[Update: Actually, maybe there is one spot left; Heath is clerking for CT in OT 2007. Please see this correction.]
A3G thanks her readers for the foregoing information, as well as for the tidbits about the four CT clerks that some of you have already provided. She won't be using them now, but keep an eye out for them in the future. As A3G has previously explained, full-blown celebrity profiles of the OT 2006 Supreme Court clerks will follow in due course, once hiring has been completed by all nine justices. At the current time, to the best of A3G's knowledge, two justices in addition to CT are done hiring for next Term: Justice Ginsburg (see here) and Justice Stevens (see here).
As always, please email A3G with any corrections or additions to the hiring information appearing above. Merci beaucoup!
* You'll need it; CT's OT 2007 spots are also going fast. Justice Thomas has already hired Sentelle-tubby Carrie Severino to serve as one of his October Term 2007 clerks. Severino originally interviewed for an OT 2006 spot. But since she is having a baby this December, Justice Thomas allowed her to choose between OT 2006 and OT 2007; she chose OT 2007.